Sunday, August 21, 2005

Suniya

It"s been two days since I have return from suniya and I am starting to miss it. Not the academic work but the schedule where you were always busy. Where you always had to be punctual. Where it gave you a since of order and organization. Today I woke up a 9 came downstairs and just started to watch TV I had no plan no organization. The feeling I had was indescribable I was wasting my time. Instead of watching TV I could be reading a book which would be increasing my knowledge which would benefiting the society.

"Each one must realize that every moment that passes by is an opportunity gone, used or abused; never to return. Soon time will be up and we'll have to leave this physical world (Qur'an 3:185) and give account for our lives (Qur'an 99:7-8)"


I am glad that I went to suniya because on the day we were suppose to leave I had second thoughts whether I should go or not,if it would be fun and worth wild to go. But I am glad that I went because it was a reminder to me that even though I have cloths on my back people in the world don't. Where I have food on my plate others go to bed hungry. It was a reminder to stay content with whatever I have. Consider these statistics

nearly 800 million people do not get enough food
half a billion people suffer from some form of malnutrition, 250 million of these are children of preschool age .
The United Nations reports that each year, 15 to 20 million people die of hunger-related causes, including diseases brought on by lowered resistance due to malnutrition. Of every four of these, three are children. Over 40% of all deaths in poor countries occur among children under five years of age.
"The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted, uncared for, and deserted by everybody. The greatest evil is the lack of love and charity, the terrible indifference toward one's neighbor, who lives at the roadside, assaulted by exploitation, corruption, poverty, and disease". [Mother Teresa]

we have to start to care and realize that their are men,women and children in the world that are dyeing from hunger, malnutrition and disease.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said that ...
Anyone who meets the needs of the widow and the poor is like a warrior fighting for AllahÂ’s cause, or like a person who fasts during the day and prays all night.

The best expression of Islam is to feed the hungry and be cordial to people, irrespective of whether you know them or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home