Thursday, September 14, 2006

"Three passions have governed my life: The longings for love, the search for knowledge, And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness. In the union of love I have seen In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of [people]. I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens, But always pity brought me back to earth; Cries of pain reverberated in my heart Of children in famine, of victims tortured And of old people left helpless.

I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot, And I too suffer.


This has been my life; I found it worth living. " By Bertrand Russell

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)I like what ya post.



a.n.s

8:22 PM  
Blogger SStudios said...

This quote is soo jacked :)

10:41 PM  
Blogger hafsah said...

Chuck Norris counted to infinite...twice.






<3

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This quote is total sweetness.

8:13 PM  
Blogger hafsah said...

*Peter Griffin laugh*

What I *meant* to write was 'infinity'.

Oh, and I'm starting to get used to that feet smell.




<3

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nawid ,
We should know what is the real love? Love is something so complex that no words can define it.
Is true love for others a feeling of affection which is free of motivation, pollution of thought, selfishness, and material interests? Is love conformant with the loftiness of spirit, the purity of mind, and intensity different for human beings than it is for the remainder of the animal kingdom? Does love remove the quality of animalism and savagery from an individual, give assurance and security, create an environment of peace and joy, and make life attractive and pleasant?

In Islam, love is first for Allah, occupying the heart and conscience in such a way that it overwhelms everything else. It was reported from a sage: "I never saw a thing but I saw Allah before it, after it, and along with it." The Glorious Qur'an says: "The believers are stauncher in (their) love for Allah." (2:165)

Second, the faithful harbour an intense love for Nabi Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Waalihi Wa Salam). This love in manifested by an desire to follow and imitate his example. The Glorious Qur'an says: "Say (O' Our Nabi) If ye do love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins; Verily, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." (3:31)

Alami

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home