Thursday, September 28, 2006

Education

Thank you for I love you, thank you for understanding me, thank you for being there for me, but all thanks and praises go to Allah for making us meant to be for each other

What am I doing with my life, I have been mock by my family and friends countless of times, them hoping that one of there jokes would be taking serious and I turn my back on education, but why, I had the aspirations of being a teacher, all my life, but why, i realized my passion and goal in life is to save the world, like how our prophet did, that how he regretted to see a Jewish man pass away because he felt that he left a soul to escape him. How do you save the world then, you educate yourself, than others, which will produce a domino effect, and now what’s the best way to educate others... Let me see go into education where you have a significant impact on the kids life you teach.

I remember in grade 8, i had such a bad rep with teachers, I was always getting kicked out of class because i was always disrupting the class with jokes and yelling out the answers and other words i was the class clown, but one day i was sitting paying attention to my teacher when i kid behind me said i stupid joke my teacher looked at me and asked me to go to the principal office, i hated him soo much and i created a huge commotion of and claming injustice was done and I would not leave, luckily the bell rang for lunch, and my teacher asked me to stay, we started talking about my behaviour and why i acted the way i did. I told him that it wasn’t right of you to just judge me on my past and that you should have asked me, he looks at me and he says “your right” those two words changed how i acted in his class i gained overwhelming respect for him and always wanted to please him. I started to be the best student in his class, homework completed in time, on time for class, had good manners the whole works, i wished it translated to my other classes but that never happened till i encountered I B but that’s another story.

When i go back in look at my life and see how teachers made a difference in my life i feel this tremendous sense that i could have an positive impact on a kids life, that every semester that i teach 100 students if i can at least have a positive impact on one of their lives than I have made a difference and which inshallah will get me closer to Allah (SWT).

18 Comments:

Blogger Suzy Mack said...

Mashallah Brother, I admire you...you stuck with it and well look where you are now...I'm a teacher too and Inshallah I want to make a difference in someone's life Inshallah, keep up the good work, by the way, who is this girl your getting married to? if you don't mind me asking

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Education is the best career choice for you bro!! :D and dont even think of putting all of us in science and engineering down because we take the "typical" route. Each person likes something different. Its not like we cant benefit others and make a difference in those careers. :D

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update please...

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brother find some time for your blog we miss it deeply

2:59 PM  
Blogger Surrendering said...

You so know when a brotha or a sista gets hitched..

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EID MOBARAK!!!!!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UPDATE NOW!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW!!!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IM STILL WAITING!!!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nawid can you please update your blog...i finally did mine...so now its your turn...

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salams everyone
since brother nawid is not going to update his blog i thought i mite fill everyone in on some stuff in his life..
well unfortunantly he has not learned any lessons since high school and is skipping classes yet AGAIN!!! but now its not just classes... he skipped like 3 of his midterms too!!! k this fact makes me mad.. and im sorry nawid if u didnt want everyone to know but clearly my lecturing you thruout the years is not workin... so maybe if EVERYONE who knows u got on ur case... then maybe ... just maybe... inshALLAH
you will learn one day not to skip so much and start taking some responsibility in ur academic studies....so i had to use this blog as a last resort!!! so everyone plz help me in tormenting him about keeping up with school and his studies better. brother nawid im sorry i had to resort to this but as a friend im really really worried about u and worried that you're screwing urself over so i really needed to do something...

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When he fails he will learn his lesson...

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder, is daddy reading this?

10:52 PM  
Blogger Bilal said...

update your blog bro this is from sept :P

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah sheena ur and the "is daddy reading this?" nawid go to ur classes...and i cant wait to steel your shoes and wallet on dec 1st :D yay! oh and im still working on your "handbooks" hehe!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
When he fails he will learn his lesson...

hahaha

so how are you supposed to support a family with no job/education?

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not funny. man nawid, you really need get focussed.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two weeks and its game time!

:P

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home