Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Night Of Contemplation

Around 1 in the morning I decided to ring up an old friend of mine. well, not just a friend, a brother. Hadi reminded me last night of the upcoming school year. During the course of the conversation, I noted how so many muslims would be attending Ainlay this coming year. We started formulating ideas as to how we could bring all of us together. Being part of Al-ikhwan for so long, I have come to realize just how important Unity really is. I know we hear these things in group discussions but being able to experiance it first hand is something in itself. There are times in life when I have been pressured by people to do wrong. But just constantly being with my muslim brothers has saved me in countless dark encounters. They sheltered and protected me from harms way. We always hear of negative peer pressure but how rarely do we hear of friends actually being pillars of support for each other. The Qurans talks about brotherhood numerous times but this verse touched me:

3:103 And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided
.
This is why I am a muslim, because the whitest of the white and the blackest of the black can be brothers, or better yet, they are brothers.

At brothers Tamir wedding (2003)
My bros Hadi and Kamil Since 2002

1 Comments:

Blogger Duane said...

Blogging about food
Beginning today, St. Petersburg Times food critic Chris Sherman and food editor Janet K ... Brad-Jen divorce update A judge has signed off on the divorce of Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt, but under California law, the couple's split won't be official until Oct.
Hey everyone just wanted to read some blogs and happened to find this one and wanted to post my blog. It's about
home based internet business mostly.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home