Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I remember this time last year, Breaking Borders was in full flight we were, organizing a play to do in the rotunda, we were providing food for one of the lunches in the rotunda, we were organizing t-shirts for the club. I compare it to this year and me not even being able to attend or help out IAW. Why? Well i guess the easiest excuse and that everyone uses is that i am busy.
I guess i to can just get out of critiquing myself by saying"

I am in University,
I work
I am married
I play soccer
I play Basketball
In then other extra curricular as well.

That’s the easy way out but that doesnt make it the right way. I look back over these couple of weeks and actually count the hours i wasted, in knowing if i did that then maybe i could have helped the brother/sisters. Helped the Ummah, spread Islam, make a difference in peoples life, Look i have enough time to sit here for a couple of minutes and express my feelings. Ohh how much time i waste, where i could make a difference in the Ummah. I guess if i learn from my mistake and start taking more advantage of my time, then it was good to fall, but if i stay on the ground then indeed i have made a huge mistake and ask Allah swt to forgive me with his Mercy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! someone updated first of all...second of all you work where?? oh yeah i wouldnt know cuz u havent been in touch in ages. Anyways i understand you got your hands full but i like your attitude its better than before when skipping was OKAY! Anyways hope everything is going well with you and marriage is everything you wanted it to be and more. Take Care keep updating once in a while.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your blog post that you may have wasted some of your time but don't look down on yourself cuz acceptance is one of the first steps to change and who knows this blog post may have motivated you to change...another reason why you should be proud is that you asked for forgiveness for your mistake now don't look back and start of fresh like u said.. so many new and beautiful things have happened in your life now is the time to accept all these blessings from Allah (swt) and start once again with the same enthusiasm and drive to spread Islam and help unite our ummah!!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

many people do all the things you listed but they still have time for Islamic activities around them.
Not because they have spare time, but because they [b]make[/b] time and prioritize

we think of being great daees of Islam, we think of going overseas to learn Islam but when opportunities are in our home town, right under our nose, we have no time.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so so true. Subhanallah. I hate wasting time. Life is a gift. Let's show Allah how much we adore it.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home