Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hijab

When I walk through the hallways of ainly and see the muslim sisters with hijab it uplifts my spirit it makes me feel proud. That the sisters are not following the states quo but they are following their beautiful religon. That they don't listen to anyone except for Allah almighty. The sisters who wear the hijab and are proud of it THANK you because you sisters give me hope for this genereation for this Ummah that it will truly prevail like that prophet (SAW) said.

But those sister who take of their sheild (hijab) it hurts . I feel that i did something wrong. That i should've maybe told her good job or something i should've done something.

I just dont understand why would they take their hijab off. Is it because they would be a target in society? Is it because of peer pressure ? I dont know how the sister feels when she is a walking da wah. I dont know.

That is why i am trying to grow a beard to understand what my fellow sister are going through.Why are my sisters taking off their armour in a society? where women are their to please the mens desire why should a girl be used as an object!
that is why islam tells the women before you step out of your house put on your armour your Hijab

A word of advice from your muslim brother to all my fellow sisters; DO NOT WEAR THE HIJAB FOR YOUR PARENTS. FOR MARRIAGE BUT ONLY FOR ALLAH. SISTERS UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HAVE TO WEAR THE HIJAB BECAUSE THEN WHEN YOU WEAR YOU HIJAB YOU WILL WALK THROUGH THE STREETS WITH YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH AND IF ANYONE ASKS YOU WHATS IS THAT THING ON YOU HEAD ANSWER THEM WITH WISDOM.

6 Comments:

Blogger hafsah said...

No you haven’t done anything wrong Nawid. I don’t think those sisters have either. See, with girls we have the most severe obsession to conform. For many reasons I assume. Maybe to fit in? to be seen? Or sometimes…with something like hijab…to not be seen at all. I’ve noticed that though hijab is a responsibility it tends to become a ‘chore’ for some. Not to blame them, it’s both the muslim and non-muslim society that forces that stereotype that sisters must choose between life…or hijab. As though you can’t play sports with it, or hang out with your friends. But the biggest issue is that they don’t want to be an ambassador to something as ‘touchy’ as hijab.

"I dont know how the sister feels when she is a walking dawah."

It sucks. Straight up. Society puts unnecessary pressure, and it really discourages sisters who wear it, but worse, sisters who were considering it.

I always thought it wasn’t Islam that oppressed us, it was the people. Maybe that answers all my questions.

I don’t know how Sheena or Herrah or Lailah feel, but personally, if you clear up the whole misconception of hijab with the people INSIDE the Ummah first, the non-Muslims looking in will come to understand themselves. Because we stress educating the outside, when we have no response or communication between the inside.

So the question is: if the ultimate goal is to be one Ummah under one god, how can we achieve that when all of us strive for something different? Or maybe the bigger question is…how can we get something we don’t know we want?

8:38 AM  
Blogger the voices within said...

"I dont know how the sister feels when she is a walking dawah."

It sucks. Straight up. Society puts unnecessary pressure, and it really discourages sisters who wear it, but worse, sisters who were considering it."

Although hafsah wrote many true things. What sisters feel...it varies from one person to the other. I would never say it sucked. I will admit that it was hard at the biggening, back when we were younger. But as time goes by, it becomes apart of you. To most you don't want to give it up. If you are caught without it, you feel...you feel angry, upset...you just feel like you were caught undressed or something.

To some sisters, the hijab is a sign of PRIDE. We wear it with pride.

Society can go to hell. Do you think that if you didn't have a hijab on it would be easy? Girls that work on their hair for hours just to make it look good etc. They get more pressure than covered girls. But who cares? With the hijab its more fun! The different colors and all. You get to match it and what not its honestly amazing. And I personally love it. I wouldn't give it up. ever.

I just finally convinced two 12 year old girls to wear it. Mashallah they love it now.

Mneh...it really different.

1:53 PM  
Blogger SStudios said...

Worddd:

http://www.ilmwear.com/images/enlarge/liberty.htm

11:20 PM  
Blogger hafsah said...

to say 'screw society' is easier said than done...

also; when i said 'it sucks' i meant the unnecessary pressure.

lol other than that I love hijab..but looking at it in a different point of view (as well as mine sometimes) dana, its hard as hell. i dont expect it to be easy. but im not going to deny its difficulty.

8:39 AM  
Blogger hafsah said...

you know what i just realized...

we're arguing/discussing issues on nawid's blog :S

and he's kinda...not responding?

8:46 AM  
Blogger the voices within said...

LOL. Nawid is probably just sitting there with a raised eyebrow thinking we are a buncha losers...except me...he knows I am not a loser...j/k j/k...not kiding.

Oh BTW Nawid...Your post got JACKED!

Anyhow. Hafsah we have to look at things in different views. I give you that. BUT it all depends. I know people that care more about society and their needs to fit in...and yet there are those that can careless about what anyone thinks about their hijab or them in general.

My point was the hijab and how difficult anyone thinks about it varies from one to the other. That is all...I don't think I am making any sense at the moment....ermmm and I am still not a loser. :D

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home