Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I hate this feeling! That feeling when you give a 100% effort but still fall short. Today i had a chem exam, and in order for me to get honors with distinction this term i needed to get 95% on this test. I studied hard, three days, that's way too much for me. I usually never study and if i do it’s on the day of the exam. This exam was different i studied and i knew everything, i knew more than what i needed to know. I did a couple of unit exams of the key before i went and allhamduiAllah i got 96 and 93 percent. I felt confident going into the exam. I went in i was going through the questions like usual pretty simple, but then a chem class came in to do a lab. I just ignored the noise continued on writing my exams. I began doubting myself, with the previous questions, so i went back to check them, Then i started to run out of time. i don’t know it was chaotic. I think i failed that exam, all my efforts gone down the drain. Then to add icing on the day i had, i had a brother accuse me of him missing his Zhur prayer. I don’t know i had enough and i flip out on him. But he took it well allhamduiallah; actually all i wanted was for him to say sorry. All i wanted was for him to catch me. Sometimes u don’t get what, you want but that’s life and we have to choices either i sulk here and give up because i didn’t get that honors with distinction, and let a brother be angry with me. Or i can put a smile on and realizes that we can plan but if is not what Allah plan then its never happening and i also should go and patch up my brotherhood, because even though he didn’t say anything and still had a smile on his face. Sometimes thing u say will hurt someone and simply apologizing sincerely, would heal the pain.

6 Comments:

Blogger Massey said...

"Sometimes thing u say will hurt someone and simply apologizing sincerely, would heal the pain.

Hey Nawwweeeeed
Salaam :)

I love that last line you wrote.. it's very true. I didnt know you had a blog!! I'm sitting at work right now...we havent opened yet so I figured I'd drop by and check out your work.
I like I like :)

I'll be back :D

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nawid
like ur last blog... be patient through the struggles of this life... something good may come out of this... so u may not get honours with distinction.. but maybe that will motivate u to work extra hard next year wen it really really counts... and at the end of the day u can still hope for that light at the end of the tunnel
dont give up... stick to it

8:35 PM  
Blogger Desert Rose said...

Allah has promised us times of trials and tribulations no matter how hard we try to make our lives smooth because the smooth bump free ride is reserved for Jannah.
So do not distress my brother, do not loose hope.

"If Allah helps you, none can overcome you, and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him who can help you? And in Allah alone let the believers put their trust." (Al-Imran: 160)

"So do not become weak, nor be sad, and you will be superior if you are indeed believers." (Al-Imran: 139)

One of my favourite ayaah's in the Qur'an "astaeenu bis sabri was salah" : "O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salat (prayer). Truly Allah is with the patient." (Al-Baqarah: 153)

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're so deep...masha'Allah...

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate this feeling when people don't UPDATE

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Allah belong the unseen secrets of the heavens and the earth, and to Him goes back every affair for decision: then worship Him, and put your trust in Him: your Lord is not unmindful of what you do. (Hud 11:23)

Dear Nawid,
Some time it is very hard to admit our mistakes and shortcomings. I admire your courage that you confess about the shortcomings. As a human we do have these shortcoming, but the wise person is the one who does not give up and work hard to improve the weaknessess...some time you can change weakness to strength
Good Luck

A. Alami

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home