Saturday, June 10, 2006

Farewell Party

Yesterday was my 18th bday and what can I say, I am still speechless. Over the past 18 years I have never done anything great on my bday nor did I ever want to. Sometimes I would forget my bdays on purpose because I would revaluate myself and see how I haven’t benefited the world to my full potential. This year though, it was different.

I walk in the school, around 9 in the morning, my eyes barley open because we had relatives over and they left around 2 30. I walk into the Harry Ainlay hallway, in a see a huge banner on my locker written “Happy Birthday Brother Nawid”. I read the comments, smiled, remembered the memories of those inside jks, Then I went to the library and again totally forgot about my bday and thought about my upcoming Eng exam. I studied hard for two hours and then went and I think AllhamduiAllah aced the exam.
Lunch was next, I was walking around waiting for Youcef and Yawer, so that we could go out and eat at subway. During the lunch people where acting kind of strange and I thought maybe something is up. But I was like nah probably not, so we should just go eat. Yawer was like okay lets go but lets get Hammad he in this room. We where walking to the room and the door is lock and the lights are off. It just totally didn’t occur to me, that there could be people they’re waiting for me. I was like Yawer no Hammad’s not there and started walking the other way. Until Yawer opens the door and Youcef chucks me into the classroom. I was astonished, speechless, and I looked at all my friends and bonds I have made over the past year. I didn’t say anything, I tried saying thank you, but my voice wasn’t loud enough. We had some cake and then a couple of close friends of mine, gave me gifts. I got a basketball ball, Colon (I wonder what kind of msg they are trying to give me), Gel and I also got a travel guidebook, I loved all the presents, and none of them needed to get me a present. The travel journal gift was the best, I want to go to a village sometime and just live with them, learn from them, that’s why this journal is priceless, but I don’t want to go by myself I want a companion to travel with me. I want my companion to see the world with me. For that I need to get Married, but yea that’s another post.

I know the rulings for Bday parties, and I have my own decisions after doing a little research, but I never once felt this as a bday party, it was more a farewell party, that I was leaving them and I think they wanted to thank me. The card they choused for me was priceless it says

“Sometimes we may not realize that everything we do affects not only our lives but touches others, too. A little touch of thoughtfulness that shows someone care creates a bit of happiness for both of you to share… And every time you offer someone a helping hand, every time you show someone you care and understand. Every time you have a kind and gentile word to give, you help someone find beauty in this precious life we live.”

The day went on, I began getting more and more emotional and realizing I am leaving this school and like a week, and I guess feared and understand some of the bonds of friendship are going to be broken. Everyone though everyone was telling me that you going to get better, that changes is not bad and I understand that but I am bad with departing, that’s probably why I want to stay in Edmonton with the ikhwan boyz, but I understand the older we get some of our paths might converge and some might diverge that’s life.

It was Jummah time, my last khutbaa. I forgot my paper that I had the format and evidence for the speech at home. My last but first khutbaa, I was nervous of speaking. I stood up in front of everyone said the intro of the speech, than paused. Looked at everyone, my heart started racing, and I just wanted to say thank you to all of them, some of them think I changed there lives but they don’t know the affect they had on my life and the affect they had on their own life. My khutbaa after that was terrible my mind was shut off; my heart went through a day of emotional ups and downs. My message was to tell them to believe and themselves to follow their principals and change the world for a better place.

After that went home and slept I was exhausted. Halaqa was at 7 45 went an listen the speech was good, the msg I picked out from it that we shouldn’t try to always discontinue other ppls hard work but instead to continue it and make it grow to new levels.

Then the brothers went out to Mona’s, I really didn’t feel like talking, just something on my mind, something that I wanted to do on that day but never had the opportunity to do, and when I did, I would have looked really bad. The brothers did have interesting talks and I enjoyed listening to them, and learning from them.

That was my day, kind of busy but enjoyable


So much more to write about, to little time, I got catch up with eng.
Salaams

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nawid ur rite, we did want to thank you for all that u have done for us. I can say that u have changed my life and given me a whole new perspective on things. A good perspective. im glad u enjoyed the card, wen i saw it, i was like wow, this puts everything into the exact words. :D and we didnt have a hidden message behind the cologne lool.. there's just limited number of presents you can get guys lool :D
and ur khutba was amazing, as I already told u :D
haha now im curious about wut that last part of this entry means... hmmmm...
glad to see that ur gonna go do english ... shows that u're already taking some responsibility :D

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May Allah ( SWT)spare your life, give you health&strength, and may Allah always guide you to happiness,beauty,love,and to always seek knowledge.

your sister :)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH You Got a COLON I thought u already had one.....haha ; )

9:39 PM  
Blogger hafsah said...

LOL

wow. you know when jokes are sooooo cheezy they some how become funny...yeeeeaaaaaah.

so, um I collect cheesy jokes...:D

Yawer, What do cars do at the club?






Brake dance

and!!

What do you call a lonely banana?






Akayla!!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Son,

May Allah (SWT) bring more success to you in this Donya and herafter.

Keep the good work and God bless you. I make Dua that May Allah (SWT) honor each parent Son like you

Abdul W Alami

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home