Monday, June 05, 2006

My last Jummah Khutbaa of the year is coming up this Friday, coincidently the same day as my birthday. When I prepare for jummah khutbaa I look at my faults and how I can change them, and then write a khutbaa on that. Hence this khutbaa I look at the past year at Harry Ainlay high school, the toughest year of my life, I know it’s only my 17th and almost 18th but this was the toughest year. I did something different though instead of looking at the negatives of this year, I looked at the positives, and saw of course with Allah’s help, how much we accomplish as a school, as our mini Ummah. Therefore I realized this dream, these accomplishments, would have never succeeded if we didn’t believe in ourselves, if we didn’t have hope. The last khutbaa of mine is going to be about “impossible is nothing” (thx addidas). I want to tell the brothers and sisters that whatever you want to do in this life you can achieve, The only obstacle and barriers u have, is what u set. When u began thinking and believing in yourself then the next step, is what ur going to devout your time to, what are u going to take to new levels, and that’s when my brother sheriff steps in. Two khutbaaas left, I am actually going to miss Ainlay, I am going to miss how we are so tight, that we had an Ummah. Khair Inshallah, U of A, has a bigger Ummah more brothers to spread the love with.

“Individual commitment to a group effort -- that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.”

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The soul meanders on, attaching itself and constantly, excruciatingly, tearing itself away.
The greatest pain of being involved, of caring, of immersing oneself, is the inevitable departure. Though we may try as we might, nothing is eternal.
Of course, one may ask: Why not then simply avoid this pain by keeping the distance. Because, hollowness is never preferred over pain. Although I guess that one never truly understands hollowness until he realizes what he has lost.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad u decided to finally update your blog:) and im really glad that you've decide to look at your achievements this past yr and not ur failures...because your right we've achieved alot and in a sense i dont want to leave that either. This bigger Ummah at U of A next yr sounds good and all but dont forgot your brothers and sisters who wont be at U of A but are still apart of your Ummah, those who are still there for you whenever you need them. Your right believing in yourself is key and so is looking at the positives in life. Just remember that life gets tougher as you get older so remember to always believe in yourself and look at the positives, it will help get you through the tough days ahead. Just remember to always aim high and try your hardest because "you will miss a 100% of the shots you dont take." This year has no doubt been tough but its been great to have become better friends with you and be able to count on your priceless advice THANKS SO MUCH:) (p.s. im actually going to miss ainlay too)

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nawid... u finally updated... i can tell u one thing, I am sad that friday will be ur last khutba at Ainlay and I will have to do without ur khutbas thruout the whole summer and God knows how long after that! :( ur khutbas really really inspire me.. but who knows.. iA i will hear more of them in U of A soon.
I agree with the first comment that departure is inevitable but one has to keep in mind that perhaps better things are on the way... high school was a time for us to grow and experiment, to mature as I like to say... now we leave high school and its time for us to prove our maturity out in the real world.
I'm really sad to leave Ainlay and everything that comes along with it too, but the thing im most glad about is all the friendships i made thruout the past three years. we're moving on from a phase in our lives, but let's thank God that we have wonderful family and friends that shall be with us for more years to come iA.
wen ur thinkin of your achievements, think of the strong friendships you made with the others and take joy in the fact that these friends have ur back :)
which brings me to my next point. I wanted to THANK YOU for inspiring me each and every day, for guiding me to the right path, for setting such a good example for all of us to follow, for being an amazing role-model that we can all look up to, and last but not least for being such an amazing friend. I hope to strengthen our friendship in uni(as i said, ur stuck wit me whether u like it or not)
so keep ur head up high, smile wide, and keep thinking of Allah as u progress thru the rest of ur life and i know that soon all ur fears shall be conquered and ur sorrow shall dissolve away :D
ps u spelt sherif's name wrong .. hehehe.. only one f.. i did the same and he got mad at me for that lool... shud i tellllll him?? hehehe jk :)

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home