Thursday, May 11, 2006

Love for Allah

Another sleepless night, last night after having an amazing FC AI united soccer practice and watching an unreal game of Hockey, Smyth is a warrior out there, I tried to go to sleep, I even tried some of Muntaka’s yoga advice, but my mind was clutter with thoughts. My heart pierced with pain. Why? Because of me: because I care way too much. These days I have been really disappointed with myself, I had such ambitious dreams for Ainlay but I did not achieve any of them. I failed. I made these goals to please Allah and earn is Love but I Failed. In front of my creator, I wanted Ainlay our mini Ummah to be an example to all other schools. Then the youth could spread the message to their family and friends. That Edmonton would be affected, that this change would, flourish and transalate to Alberta, then to Canada then to the entire humanity. What change am I talking about, the change to love Allah. That you would be able to sacrifice anything or anyone for Allah. This change if I would tell you, Allah would be displease with u, if u backbite, u would stop that instant because of the love you have for Allah (Swt) if I would tell you to wear the Hijab because Allah swt prescribed on you u, u would not think twice. That you would strive for the knowledge of Islam no matter how tired u are or how far it may be. That you would marry a man/women just because u know he/she loves Allah and that u would not marry a man/women just because u know he/she would ask u to displease Allah. We need to change how we think. If u want to bring change to the society then u cannot think as the norm of the society thinks. We always think about ourselves first before Allah. We make excuses over and over again when it comes to pleasing Allah why. Anyone can make excuses, I can make an excuse for anything, I can justify anything but that doesn’t mean I am right.

I have been hurting these days, which is my fault because I care to much. I care that I haven’t made a profound change in people’s life. That maybe the way I advice is wrong, maybe I should not be as patience, no, no that wouldn’t work, maybe I should confront them more no, no that wouldn’t work, I don’t know what to do, I care too much for people its hurting when I try to help a sister overcome any obstacles that they have in there way to worship Allah such as wearing the Hijab and they don’t, I feel like I failed and its hurts because I care for that sister but yet she is disobeying mine and her creator. Or that brother where I try to convince him to stop drinking and he doesn’t, it hurts because I love that brother. It’s been hurting looking at Ainlay and seeing how I didn’t have a profound affect on people on how I failed in the sight of Allah. On how I believed it was this generation that would raise the flag of Islam and teach the world what is Islam is truly about. That it would be this generation to destroy the cultural bonds, that it would be this generation to destroy hatred for there brother and sisters, It would be this generation that would put Allah before themselves. That they would care what would Allah swt thinks of them instead of society. It’s so easy and everyone says it but, how many of us truly love Allah and if u do prove it through your actions, Allah sends down test for u in order for u to prove ur love for him. So whatever your test maybe put Allah swt before urself, put Allah which u love so dearly before urself.

Last night I was wondering if it was my fault, maybe I should have never took the leadership position in Ainlay, maybe if I let someone else carry the torch of Islam that he would have brought greater change. But then I was reading an email and a brother reminded me of a Hadith "The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak...but there is good in all; be vigilant for what is to your benefit, seek Allah's Help and do not despair; and if something befalls you along the way, do not say, 'If I had done such and such, this or that would have happened', rather say, 'It is Allah's will, and He does whatever He pleases', because 'if' opens the doors of shaytan." (Hadith) I gave it my all, Allah swt, I try to earn ur love I am sorry that I failed and ask for ur forgiveness. I tried to give the best and sincere advices to the best of my ability, in the best and wises of manners. I tried to lead by example, I tried to be patience but persistent, I tried not to force anyone to worship you but for them to come on there own. I tried my best Allah and please forgive for any of my shortcoming, I am human, and I ask forgiveness to anyone I offended or hurt ever in my life forgive me.

P.s Just a request I left the comment section open for people to give me constructive criticism on how I should act or react, so plz leave a comment if it is going to help me in the future or now, Plz don’t try to praise me because it only hurts when I know I am unworthy of those praises and if there has been any changes in your life its from Allah( SWT).

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Nawid
this is the first time i have visited this website and read your blog for the first time ever. I dont think caring too much for people is a bad thing necessarily because that is how the world works. If you are striving to achieve something, you will come across obstacles, guaranteed but if you take them to ur heart the way you write in ur blog i dont think you are going to get very far. it does not matter if one, two or three people dont listen to you. stop looking at the people that dont hear you out and that dont wanna understand the meaningful persuasion you try to give them rather look at the people that find their identities of who they are where they belong when you guide them to the path of Islam. It is easy to be pessimistic but very very hard to be optimistic. You guide them to the path of a good life and a good life is all about how u look at it. if you see the glass half empty then it is the way you are looking at it...look around u nawid there are more ppl than u think that have been influenced by what you have to say to them. change the way you look at things...stop holding on to the people that dont listen...i understand that u wanna make a change and that enevelops everyone but u shud look at the ppl that u have made a change in and it will take some time to change EVERYONE cuz the world wasnt made in a day and neither were ALLAHs commandments. You need to keep tryin and not give up hope just because of a few people. They will change but u need to give them time to understand and maybe talk to them individually on certain topics that u think would help them improve but dont lose hope. I have seen the change in people that u have brought and im not even muslim and i feel that the position of leadership that you hold in school is what you deserve.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as the above anonymous stated, yes..the world was not built in only one day. it takes time to change the youth of today, its true, they have lost all perspective of life and believe what the kuffar tell them to beleive, that life was made to follow ones desires, to enjoy and just have fun because u only live once.
Astaghfurallah.

Also u mentionned that you wished you couldve made more of a difference, akhee you have made a very big difference and if u hadnt led us...then who else is there as dedicated as u?
cultural bonds will always be there no matter what, and telling one to simply "wear" the hijab, or simply telling them "stop drinking" is never enough, but yet u have done all u can brother and the rest is left to Allah subhanahu wata'ala.
Make dua constantly for our ummah, because as we all know, their will be a time where all the true muslims of this world will be gone (die) and only the hypocrites, the weak muslims and the kuffar will be left... we seem to be getting closer and closer to that day...closer and closer to judgement day.
May Allah guide us all to seraat-ul mustaqeem.
May Allah make us stronger in faith, increase our iman, and increase our love for Him, oh mighty one.
Ameen

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do as the prophet did, lead by example

8:52 PM  
Blogger SStudios said...

The human mind is too simple and narrow to be able to grasp exactly to what extent we shape the world which surrounds us. Every step that we take, every footprint left behind, every breath which is taken with full sincere intention, every word uttered, and every smile sent forth across the vast reaches of our intricate human interconnectedness; all of these mould the world which we live in.

There are very few guarantees in life. As you well know, ironically, the only certainty in Life is Death.
I'll be a bit ambitious and guarantee you something else though. Allahu aalim, I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain.
At all times, there is at least ONE person, at least one person, who manages to get out of bed because they remember you. Because you inspire that person in some way or other. The small things which you do which you don’t even intend to do. The small acts of kindness, the small smiles, the simple sincerities lent out here and there. It’s kind of scary actually because at least one person somewhere looks up to you in an unimaginable way. You are that person’s living role model, someone they can see day in and day out, whether from up close or from a distance.
You’d be surprised at what kind of person that individual might be. It might not just be someone your age or younger who looks up to you and idolizes you. It can be your mother, who even if she doesn’t say it all the time, feeds you so adoringly and packs your lunch because in that lovely type of thinking that only mothers possess, she sees that as the most important thing that she can do. She nourished you as an infant with her breast milk and now this is the most she can do, look after you and make sure you have your basic needs. Perhaps she’s the type of mother who looks after you without saying much but her heart and mind is always tense whenever she sees you because she’s placed her dreams and ambitions in you and you’ve made her so proud and sometimes, sometimes, she manages to get out of bed in the morning because she remembers that all her time spent on this Earth wasn’t in vain. She has a lovely son who has made her proud.
That person could be your father who sees you as carrying on his work and mission and he’s proud that someone else so close to him understands what he’s about and understands the important work cut out for us in our communities.
That person can be someone like me. An older brother or sister who sits back and doesn’t say too much but is amazed at how quickly people grow.
There are likely people who have turned their entire lives around because of you. Whether changing their career paths or seeking Islam or changing their personal goals and ambitions in life.

You have to be careful though, caring too much IS a liability. You have to care but in a certain kind of way. You cannot do things and expect instantaneous results and when you don’t see those results, become disillusioned. That is the quick path to becoming a jaded and cynical vessel.

Ultimately, in terms of advice, as the person above said, lead by example. It’s the most effective way. Be a mountain of resilience, honesty, honour, dignity, etc. and eventually, people won’t be able to help but look upon that mountain because it pervades the entire horizon.

Emergent systems theory, popularly called the Butterfly Effect, proposes that a small, incremental change in a system initially leads to the emergence of immense, untraceable changes. The idea is that if a butterfly flaps its wings, the air patterns which it creates lead to a domino effect of changes in global wind patterns which can lead to a tsunami at the other end of the planet.
If a butterfly’s flight can do that, then what are the limits on a human being who’s frantically going around and intentionally trying to create change? It’s a question whose answer is perhaps a bit unsettling in its magnitude.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT!!! There was a soccer practice and you didnt invite me!!! U'r HOPELESS!!!!!

Yukonistan

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When one reads through the stories of the prophets pbu them, not a single one of them managed to turn all of Allahs swt creation into believers and transform their hearts and actions. Now is this because they were failures as prophets pbu them? NO. It is because Allah swt willed it this way for a reason that extends beyond our comprehension and we will only know why on the Day of Judgement inshAllah. Through the good and the bad our beloved prophets pbu them maintained their hope and trust inorder to continue. They never gave up despite the difficulties they faced so thus I advise you to do the same Nawid.

Always keep in mind that it doesnt matter who's heart you didnt touch, but it matters what hearts you did touch. And, if you want to continue making a difference in people's lives, than do you really think feeling like a failure will give you the fuel to accomplish your goal?

Also, it is not you who failed to spread the message, but those whose eyes and ears were veiled towards it. Do not question the will of Allah swt...

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I would like to add that the reason our prophets pbu them were such successful and great men was because they didnt sit and feel sorry for themselves....instead, they made their dua, held on to Allah swt, and increased their patience, tolerance, and understanding...

Its not exactly what we accomplish that makes one successful, but through what means ones accomplishs it

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A way to show love and respect to Allah is by attending your classes instead of skipping.
I'm not kidding. ;)

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree wit the above comment!!!! did u skip chem on mon???????? :(

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waiting for u to update ur blog

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea me too

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still waiting

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still waiting too...u claim to have alot to say but i dont see it...just worried about u (as always)

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea im worried too. How's life treating u buddy?

5:17 PM  
Blogger hafsah said...

lol

I have this cousin who's like 5, but he's a genius, but like those extremely dumb geniuses (lol?). anyways, yeah so both his parents were raised here and speak to him in English. Kay so get this, he talks in a hardcore brown punjabi accent. Like...harrrrddcooree. Every syllable is (basically) bounced profusely. But the funny thing is that they took him to a speech pathologist and they said that he was unconsciously forcing himself to talk with one(lol creepy, I know). SOOOooo he comes downstairs and starts screaming, but I usually ignore him and it turns to white noise. Once I do tune in all I hear is:

"BADA BADA BADA BADA, BADA BADA BADA BADA BAUUUUTTTTMMMAUUUNNN"

and that, dear Nawid Bhai, is the meaning of life:

Batman.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nawid.. i donno wut i made u realize... or how i did it.. and im a bit curious about that now.. .but ur welcome... i think .. lol take care salaams

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home